Monday, June 15, 2009

Parents Just Don't Understand!!!!

I thought we had a few more years before we got to that phase. Our neighbors had a crawfish boil yesterday and TGTBT and The Nut spent some time over there. I tried all day to get dressed to go but velcro baby was having none of it. Later that evening The Nut walked in front of me all sullen looking. I asked what was wrong.

"Sigh----I really wanted to keep that crawfish but Daddy wouldn't let me."

TGTBT pipes up. "It was dead, Peanut."

"I know! I didn't want a live one because it would pinch me!"

"Well, you can't keep a dead crawfish because it'll start to stink."

"That's better than it pinching me!"

So TGTBT and I are talking over each other giving her reasons why keeping a dead crawfish isn't a good idea and she lets out an exasperated sigh and stomps off to her room saying, "You guys just don't understand!" And she slammed her door for good measure. Six years old. I told TGTBT that I can't imagine what's in store for us when PMS hits.

TGTBT has been shuffling around and going through lots of frozen peas the past few days. I also caught him with my broccoli florets so there goes my plans for chicken fried rice. I ask him every half hour or so if he has any regrets yet and he always says 'no' so that's good. It's still hard for me to fathom the idea of no more babies. Ever. I still don't think it's really sunk in and I doubt it will until I start getting baby fever.

I suppose I'm just not used to making decisions based on logic only. I usually weigh things by giving about 50% to logic and 50% to emotions or gut feelings. In this case my emotions say there's a very good possibility I/we will want more kids down the line but the logic screams that 3 is enough.

I just need to keep picturing family vacations in about 3 years with no infants. And no more waking 3-4 times at night to nurse. And no more buying diapers. And no more packing the entire dresser in the diaper bag just to run to the store.

And no more kicks in my belly. And no more meeting someone so new yet so familiar. And no more tiny fuzzy heads on my shoulder. And no more losing myself in baby blue eyes while I nurse. And no more cuddling up against a small warm body while I sleep.

And now, no more wistful thoughts. I'm off to go cuddle up against a small warm body and go to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment