Monday, March 2, 2009

What a day!

Title makes it looks exciting, doesn't it?

I noticed that my low tire pressure doo-hickey was flashing at me this morning. Nothing new as 3 tires will read 32 PSI and the 4th is flashing at 30 PSI. It's more irritating than anything. I also knew TGTBT had just filled a low tire last week. Except that today the left rear tire is 14. After a round-trip dropping The Nut off at school it's only on 16. So, me being a helpless female when it comes to things like this, I called TGTBT at work to ask what I should do as we had an appointment later that morning that I'd have to drive to.

His first idea was to tell me how to put air in the tire. Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh. Not going to happen. I don't care how idiot-proof it seems or how much he swears there's nothing to it. I will find a way to make the situation even worse. It's a guarantee. I just decide that I'm going to get dressed and take it to the tire place 5 minutes down the road. TGTBT has me convinced that I'll do permanent damage to the car and/or have a horrific wreck on that 5 minute drive. I'm willing to risk it.

Frito and I get dressed and leave and 30 minutes later I've got a patched tire and no more flashing doo-hickey. And it was only $14.95. The day's starting to look up.

I head to Walmart and wander around for 30 minutes picking up odds and ends but not the 1 thing I went there for. I did score a button-up maternity shirt in a very flattering color that I hope will work for my maternity photo shoot in a few weeks. It's really very hard to find a maternity shirt that buttons but I prefer them for the photos since I can expose my belly and nothing else. So that's done and I wait for TGTBT to meet me so we can go to our appointment.

Make the appointment on time and we get good news and I have lunch plans with my mother and sister as soon as I drop TGTBT back off at his truck. I'm really enjoying my day out.

Until.

I've touched briefly on TGTBT's bathroom habits and how it's his one downfall. He decided to be considerate and pass gas outside of the car right before he got in. Unfortunately for me, it apparently was on a delayed time-switch because as I started the car it hit me. I rolled down the windows and began to gag (odors are 1 thing that I cannot handle---especially if I know what they are). At 36 weeks pregnant you really shouldn't gag if you're not already on a toilet. So I sat there in the driver's seat and peed all over myself.

I not only had to drive all the way back sitting in pee clothes but there was no way I had time to go all the way back home before my lunch date. I DID have a gigantic pair of maternity pants that were in the car because I was supposed to be returning them to Walmart anyway so I had to climb in the back of the minivan and take off my pee pants and put the gigantic ones on. As I'm changing Frito is saying, "Pew pew. Hiney." Thanks, honey.

I then get to go back into Walmart to buy some new panties and a better-fitting pair of maternity pants, go into the bathroom to clean up and hope I don't get hassled for shoplifting because the sign right there says "NO MERCHANDISE IN THE RESTROOMS."

To his credit, TGTBT only laughed a little, felt bad about it and only told 1 person he works with. And I made my lunch date on time.

At lunch my sister said something that reminded me of something The Nut did a few weeks ago. I had bought a package of vanilla sandwich cookies and gave her 2 of them for dessert. She ate them in her room. But she brought one back out and gave it to TGTBT saying she didn't want it because she was full. So he popped it into his mouth and was almost finished chewing when he got a strange look on his face and asked, "Did you LICK the cream out of the middle?" The Nut said, "Yeah. I just didn't want the cookie."

He was able to swallow it down but was not a happy camper and she couldn't understand why he wasn't happy that she gave him her cookie. There was an email sent around some time back where a little girl made her daddy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and halfway through he remembered that they were out of peanut butter and he asked the girl where the peanut butter came from and she said, "Well, we had peanuts so I just chewed them up and put them on the sandwich."

I say TGTBT got off easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment