Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hiatus

I can't figure out how to embed pics anywhere but at the beginning so the post will be somewhat disjointed. I know, what else is new? Shut up.

Here is the new back of our house partially completed. I love the new roof-line and can't wait to see the finished product!


Here is the before pic with justthe new slab poured:



Well, I admitted in the beginning that I was worried about the pressures of keeping up with this thing! It's amazing how quickly a week can go by while you put things off for "just one more day."

Let's see........I guess the biggest news is that we attended the Heart Walk for my nephew last weekend. It was a 3K walk and since I barely made it to the park from the parking lot I sat it out. I figured it would be my luck to send myself into preterm labor. I felt so useless sitting there like a big lump while everyone else did their thang. But it was a lovely day and we had a good time and the best news is that my sister met and surpassed her fundraising goal! Yay!

This morning on the way to The Nut's school, Frito let loose with a 45-second long speech that was nothing but babbling and "her" special language. When she was done I said, "Oh, really?" The Nut said, "Do you know what she said?" When I told her that I didn't she said, "She said you're hideous."

It's a good thing I was at a red light because I could not stop laughing. I called my mom immediately and she was appalled and I said, "Oh, she doesn't know what it means. The Nut, do you know what "hideous" means?" She said, "It means disgusting."

Oops! I guess she DOES know! I don't think she was mad at me so I can only guess that somewhere in Frito's speech was something that sounded like "hideous."


She's been having issues with counting money at school. She sometimes mixes up which coins are which and such. She was saying something about a hundred dollar bill and she turned her head to the left and said, "You know, the one with the girl who looks this way."
I was able to go grocery shopping all by my lonesome today because my mom came and sat with Frito. It's just getting VERY hard to even exert that much energy without dealing with hauling a 22-month old around so it was a big help. I thought I'd speed right through since there wouldn't be any distractions but just the opposite happened. I took 2.5 hours because I was ABLE to take my time. Such an odd experience.
With the birth just about a month away I'm getting anxious. I'm very curious to see how this one will go. The Nut's birth was almost 18 hours and a marathon. Frito's was less than 3 and a freight train. I don't know if I want something in the middle for this one or if I should wish for another short one to get it over with. I figure if I survived being steamrolled for Frito's birth I can do it again, right? Right?
I need to find a kiddie pool that will work as a birth pool because our bathtub here barely fits the kids and I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on a real birth pool. And TGTBT has been in there with me for the other 2 births so it has to be big enough for him to fit comfortably too. That's funny that I'm thinking of his comfort, lol. During The Nut's birth I was leaning back on him while pushing and at one point his leg got twisted underneath him and all of his weight AND my weight was on one of his ankles. I had no clue until I watched the video. His face contorted and he opened his mouth in a silent scream and you could see the midwives laughing and my mom actually had to step out of the room. When I watched the video and noticed that I told him, "You're a very smart man. If you had so much as whispered 'ouch' I'd have ripped something off of you."
I'm hungry. Again. I'll try not to let so much time pass by between posts anymore.








No comments:

Post a Comment