Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What Was He THINKING??!! TWICE!!

If you tend to curse me, at least in your head, for all of my posts bragging on TGTBT, you may want to read this.

Yesterday TGTBT got up to get The Nut ready for school. He leaves the bedroom door (where I'm sleeping with Baby Girl) wide open so we're hearing everything going on and Baby Girl is jumping every time The Nut coughs. Then we get treated to an argument about why The Nut can't ride the bus just yet. I have Baby Girl on my chest so I can't even yell at TGTBT to tell him to pipe down. In a moment of brilliance I grab my cell phone and send him a text----Shut BR door please and/or turn on fan. In a moment of decidedly NON-brilliance, he texts me back an answer...........seriously. He leaned in to shut the door and whispered, "I texted you back, catch it" just as my phone rang and Baby Girl jumped again. -----sigh-----

Last night was even better. The Nut was in the bath and I was nursing Baby Girl. TGTBT gets Frito into her night-night diaper and pajamas and then heads outside. I had just mentioned that I needed to wash clothes so I assumed that's what he was doing and I expected him back inside any minute. I waited and waited and no TGTBT. By now The Nut is out of the bathroom, buck naked and dripping wet and keeps trying to sit on the couch to watch tv. Frito is standing in front of the coffee table and chunking all the freshly folded clothes over her shoulders. I can't yell because of Baby Girl on me nursing and dozing.

I'm doing the best I can while cursing TGTBT in my head and I can feel a nervous breakdown coming. Next thing I know I hear a zipper and in a flash Frito is pj-less. I tell The Nut to lean out the door and holler for Dad. She does and we give it a few minutes and still no TGTBT. Then Frito is diaper-less. I tell The Nut to holler louder. Nada. This time I tell her to yell as loudly as she can, "Daddy! Mommy needs you!"

In a minute the door opens and TGTBT walks in just as Frito, without a stitch on, goes streaking by in front of him laughing and squealing. The Nut is on the couch with wet hair dripping everywhere. Clean clothes are spread all over the dirty floor and I'm shooting daggers at him with my eyes. And he has the gall to look angry that we called him into the house. He defensively says, "I was in the middle of something" when I grill him on where he was and on WHAT possessed him to leave the house and start working on something right at the time we're getting the girls ready for bed. I felt bad because almost everything has been on his shoulders this past week, but come on!

So he swoops in and saves the day and by the time he came out of Frito's room he was pretty sheepish and apologetic. I just felt so helpless watching everything fall apart in front of me but knowing if I set the baby down she'd start wailing and add to the chaos so I just had to sit there and take it.

What am I going to do when he goes back to work?????

1 comment:

  1. LOL.. too funny! What are you going to do when TGTBT goes back to work? Let baby girl cry just long enough to put the nut and frito to bed then comfort baby girl with boob in mouth again! hehehehehhe It'll be ok! You are a strong person and a great Mom... You can do it !!! If all else fails, CALL UR MOM !!! hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete