Thursday, January 15, 2009

Didn't you see a penis?


I'm watching Frito walk around in nothing but a diaper and her black boots. Last night it was a diaper and her brown boots. I worry about what her future holds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, this is one of the latest bizarre things to come out of The Nut's mouth: Last Sunday my father-in-law was over for supper and he asked if we had decided on a baby name yet. He always wanted a little girl named Shannon so he's pushed that one for all 3 of our girls. No way is she going to be a Shannon. So I told him that right now Audrey was the front-runner but I still wasn't 100% sold on it. The Nut said that she LOVED Audrey and that was the name she wanted for the baby.

I told her that there were still other names that I liked such as Delilah. She said, "Forget Audrey! We have to name her Delilah!" So I told her that I also liked Chloe. All the sudden Chloe was the PERFECT name for the baby. So TGTBT and I were discussing all the choices and The Nut piped up with, "Didn't you see a penis?"

............

"Um. What?"

"Didn't you see a penis?"

At this point FIL was about to pass out and TGTBT and I were confused.

"What do you mean see a penis? On the baby?"
"Yes! Didn't you see a penis on the baby?"

"No. That's why we're discussing GIRL names. If we had seen a penis we would be discussing BOY names."

"Oh. Well, I like the last one. Showy."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short post today because TGTBT really wants to try to move into our FEMA trailer this weekend. We've been living in a rent house (generously donated by my parents) since October and we're ready to be closer to home. And how much closer can we be than in a trailer parked in the front yard? We'll also be able to get Wally back (generously kept by FIL since October) and I'm looking forward to that. Off to start packing!
















5 comments:

  1. I always LOVED hearing stories about The Nut when Tamara and I worked together! I'm so glad that I get to hear them again! Take care and congrats on the baby!

    Kerri Pierce
    www.kerpie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you use a title with the word "penis" in it, try to put the explanation a little closer to the beginning! Or was that just to ensure everyone would read all the way through?

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hearing stories about the Nut when Tamara and I worked together. I'm so glad I get to hear more! Kerri Pierce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, not gonna' lie. I knew the title would get some attention. If you're going to criticize start your own blog and you do whatever you want with it. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My problem was I kept staring at the guy in the blue scrubs, looking for the penis. I must have spent 5 minutes there, and kept jumping back up to it, thinking if I looked from a different angle, I'd see it.

    ReplyDelete