Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Prenatal Tomorrow

My midwife is coming tomorrow for a prenatal. We missed last month's because she had chickenpox running through her house. I really wanted to go ahead and expose the girls but decided it probably would be best to do it when I wasn't pregnant. This makes TWO opportunities in the past year where my girls could have gotten it naturally and didn't. Dang it!

I also have a doula-in-training coming to meet with us. I've never had a doula and don't really feel the need for one since this isn't my first rodeo but she's an acquaintance and needs one more birth to get her DONA certification so I'm game! Since we'll still be in the FEMA trailer when the baby comes it will mean all 3 of my kids will have been born in a different house. The Nut was born in our first house and Frito was born in the house we have now but it won't be anywhere near ready before this one's born. I always imagined part of the appeal of homebirth is that you always have those memories come to the surface when you see the room your child was born in. That doesn't even count for Frito anymore because the room she was born in isn't technically there anymore :o( and will look completely different when it's finished. So NONE of my birth memories will be attached to the actual rooms.

We had a cow wandering the neighborhood yesterday. Yep. Made me late to an appointment too. I was getting ready to leave and saw TGTBT walk across the street and then go talk to a policeman who was in his car in a neighbor's driveway. He came back and said, "There's a cow in Joe's backyard. I walked around the corner and he looked at me like, 'Oh snap! The jig is up!'" LOL So right as I was leaving the owners drove up and roped him and led him off. I thought the whole thing was hilarious. We also had a bobcat or something run through our backyard not long after moving here so The Nut wasn't allowed to play outside by herself for quite a while. I wouldn't necessarily consider where we live to be "country" but those 2 things make me wonder.


My sister is convinced that Frito is going to be a stripper. She has certain poses and gestures that DO sometimes look like it may be inevitable. I mean, a few days ago she WAS walking around in nothing but a diaper and boots. I think the deal was sealed this evening because she crawled up on the coffee table and danced. She was literally shimmying and shaking her hips and at one point was on all fours twisting her shoulders. I was cracking up and making comments to TGTBT about it and he found nothing amusing at all. He takes these things too seriously.

Eh. The Nut was a terror today so I didn't find anything she did to be funny so I'll post an oldie but goodie.

Last summer Emily was talking about dinosaurs and she mentioned the caradaptol.

I said, "The what?"

"The caradaptol. You know, the one that has wings."

No comments:

Post a Comment